I'm "It"...BlackRadioIsBack.com Gets Tagged
What's good everyone,
Hope that the weekend as gone all right for you all!
This if the first time that we've been what I suppose is "eTagged" (shouts to my folks over at The Punkin Patch for doing so), so I shall now tell you some random and hopefully somewhat interesting things about your lady DJ Fusion by these rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you. - Did That
2. Mention the rules in your blog. - Done It
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. - Shall Do Below
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. - Will Be Done After My Wonderfully Unspectacular Quirks
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged. - Shall Be Doing After I Type This
1. The tallest person I ever dated/was in a serious relationship with was 6' 6". Considering I am 5 feet tall flat-footed on a good day when gravity isn't teasing me, it was an interesting contrast on mulitple fronts (some of which are "grown folks' business") to say the least.
2. I have a voracious need to read something within 2 hours after I wake up - doesn't matter if it's a magazine, newspaper, book, stuff on the internet, etc. Don't know why, it just is what it is and makes me feel comfortable...
3. I absolutely cannot STAND potato salad with mayonnaise by itself and pretty much just eat my Mama's to this day (can't give away the secret reciepe, but it's that heat rock in terms of deliciousness).
It's not necessarily because it tastes bad (which it does usually), but because whoever imagined that white on white was a wonderful color scheme for tasty food had mental issues. It's just not very attractive to me.
Mom's Potato Salad - Yum and Yay
Other Folks Potato Salad/Supermarket Potato Salad In A Carton, Etc. - NO
4. I still own a functional Game Boy from back in the days and play it occasionally (the games I have are Tetris and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I had tomboy tendencies, you see).
5. My Personal BEST 10 Hip-Hop Crews Of All Time (in no particular order what so ever):
* A Tribe Called Quest (MCs + heads who were in the production clique The Ummah - Jay Dee - R.I.P., etc.)
* Gangstarr Foundation (with Guru, DJ Premier, Lil' Dap, Jeru the Damaja, Big Shug, etc.)
* Wu-Tang Clan
* Juice Crew
* Dungeon Family (Outkast, Goodie Mob, Cool Breeze, Sleepy Brown, etc.)
* Leaders of the New School
* De La Soul
* Death Row Records Before Dr. Dre Stepped Off & All Original MCs were there (Snoop, Tupac, Lady of Rage, Kurupt, etc.)
* The Fugees
* Geto Boys
6. 2 DJ Fusion Absolutes:
1. NO Kung Fu movie is better than Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon (although The Five Deadly Venoms comes close).
Check the action from the movie - CGI Free everybody:
2. NO "conscious"/"message" Hip-Hop album has yet been made is better than Public Enemy's Fear of a Black Planet in regards to the combo of crazy production and rhymes (step it up Hip-Hop Nation).
Public Enemy's Flavor Flav pre-VH1 Reality Shows with "911 Is A Joke" off the album:
Now, with all of that done, I am going to tag the folks at these on point blogs:
Want! Do Not Want!
What Would Thembi Do?
Cool Cruel World
DJ Fusion is a short, above average looking Black-American female DJ, writer and photographer in her 30s that's originally from the Prince Georges County, MD and now going back and forth between New Jersey and the DMV (DC/MD/VA). Since 1998, she's been doing the syndicated radio show, The FuseBox Radio Broadcast, which brings the best of Black Music from all over the world along with news, interviews and commentary. Check out what's happening with the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast at our official website, http://www.FuseBoxRadioOnline.com!